Shrimp boil foil packets are the perfect quick prep meal for the oven or the grill!
Tender shrimp, juicy sausage, potatoes, and sweet corn are all smothered in flavorful buttery garlic sauce. This easy dinner has big flavor and requires little clean up.
This recipe has been sponsored by Challenge Dairy.
An Easy Buttery Favorite
- Shrimp boil foil packets are an easy dinner that requires very little prep.
- Challenge Butter makes an amazing garlicky buttery sauce with great flavor. Challenge butter is churned fresh daily and contains no additives, preservatives, hormones, or dyes. Just real buttery goodness.
- Foil packets let each guest customize their own packet with their favorite additions.
- These can be prepared ahead of time and cooked on the grill or in the oven.
- Like most foil packets, these require almost no clean-up!
MEAT: You’ll want to use large boiler shrimp and your favorite smoked sausage. You can also add in bay scallops, salmon, crawfish, crab, even bacon!
VEGGIES: Small sections of corn on the cob and potatoes are slightly cooked before putting the packets together. This helps them cook quickly along with the shrimp and sausage. Feel free to add in asparagus spears, bell peppers, or even green beans!
FLAVOR: Challenge Butter adds the best flavor since it is made the old-fashioned way; from the freshest milk and cream from happy cows!
These packets are simply seasoned with a sprinkle of old bay, cajun seasoning, and some garlic. If you like a little bit of heat, add a few dashes of Tabasco!
How to Make Shrimp Boil Foil Packets
These are yummy, easy to make, and customizable for summer BBQ time!
- Boil corn & potatoes in salted water until tender. Toss with the seasoned butter mixture.
- Place seasoned shrimp & veggies in the center of a square of heavy-duty aluminum foil & top with a slice of lemon (or a few dashes of hot sauce).
- Seal the packets & bake or grill per the recipe below.
These packets are great served with extra melted butter for dipping and dunking and a slice of cornbread.
Tips for Perfect Packets
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil will stay intact during the cooking process as well as during serving and eating.
- Since the shrimp cooks quickly, pre-cook the potatoes and corn so it all finishes at the same time.
- Avoid overcrowding the packets so the shrimp and sausage heat through properly.
- Make these ahead of time. When it’s time to eat, simply pull packets from the fridge and cook them!
Remove leftover shrimp boil ingredients from their packets and place in an airtight container. They should keep for about 3 days in the refrigerator. Reheat in a fresh foil packet on the grill, or on a baking sheet in the oven.
Savory Seafood Dishes
Did you love these Garlic Butter Shrimp Foil Packs? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Garlic Butter Shrimp Foil Packs
These Garlic Butter Shrimp Foil Packs are flavorful, filling, & full of fresh veggies, sausage, & shrimp!
Preheat grill to medium high heat. Slice half of the lemon and cut the other half into wedges.
In a small bowl combine ⅓ cup melted butter, garlic, 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, Cajun seasoning, Old Bay seasoning, and salt & pepper to taste. Mix well and set aside.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add potatoes. Cook just until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well.
Once drained, place the potatoes in a large bowl with the corn, sausage, and shrimp. Add the prepared garlic butter and toss well to coat.
Place 4 large sheets of heavy duty foil on the counter.
Divide the shrimp and sausage mixture over the 4 packets. Top each with a lemon slice and fold and seal well.
Place packets on the grill and cook for 7 minutes. Flip over and cook for an additional 7-8 minutes until shrimp are cooked through.
To serve, cut each foil packet open and sprinkle with additional parsley if desired. Melt the remaining butter and serve for dipping with lemon wedges.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Place foil packets on a baking pan and cook 25 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
Calories: 602, Carbohydrates: 24g, Protein: 36g, Fat: 40g, Saturated Fat: 18g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 387mg, Sodium: 1745mg, Potassium: 779mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 988IU, Vitamin C: 32mg, Calcium: 201mg, Iron: 5mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword how to make Shrimp Boil Foil Packets, Shrimp Boil Foil Packets, Shrimp Boil Foil Packets recipe, Shrimp Foil Packets
Course Dinner, Lunch, Main Course, Seafood