Finger foods are better with dip… including this Onion Ring Sauce (which is great on fries too)!
This recipe for homemade onion ring sauce is so yummy, you’ll want to dip and dunk more than just onion rings for sure! Best of all, we bet you have all the ingredients you need in the pantry and refrigerator.
A Zesty Dip
- Onion ring sauce super easy to make and totally adjustable so it can be spicy, zesty, or sweet.
- Make more than one batch, because it will go fast once you start finding all the amazing ways to use it.
- It’s not only great as a dipping sauce for Onion Rings, Air Fryer Fries, and more, it’s a spread for all kinds of sandwiches, hoagies, and wraps!
- Onion ring sauce is so yummy and versatile, you’ll discover new ways to use it all the time!
What’s in Onion Ring Sauce?
MAYONNAISE & KETCHUP A few basic condiments like mayo and ketchup are mixed with some tangy red wine vinegar.
SEASONING some Cajun seasoning with a dash of sugar. We’re partial to our own blend of Cajun Seasoning but you can create your own seasoning blend or use a package of taco, chile, or Tex-Mex blends.
Experiment with your favorite flavors or make a new version every time!
- For a bolder flavor, add a teaspoon of horseradish sauce and some sweet pickle relish.
- Some Tabasco sauce will give it a little heat and a bit of honey will make it sweeter, which is excellent for dipping Fried Shrimp into!
How to Make Onion Ring Sauce
This sauce doesn’t even need cooking, it’s that easy. 1, 2, and done!
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl until the sauce is smooth.
- Store in a mason jar or other container with a tightly fitting lid in the refrigerator.
How to Store It
- Onion ring sauce will last a couple of weeks in the refrigerator.
- Stir or shake well before using.
- Since this is a mayo-based sauce, it doesn’t freeze well. It’s super easy to whip up a fresh batch whenever you need a zesty, tasty sauce!
Use Onion Ring Sauce With…
Did you try this Onion Ring Sauce? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Onion Ring Sauce
Homemade onion ring sauce is sweet, a little spicy, and full of zesty flavor!
- chipotle powder
- chopped jalapenos
- fresh garlic
- fresh herbs (dill is a favorite)
Serving: 2tablespoons, Calories: 203, Carbohydrates: 3g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 21g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 12mg, Sodium: 246mg, Potassium: 41mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 303IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 5mg, Iron: 1mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword best Onion Ring Sauce, how to make Onion Ring Sauce, Onion Ring Sauce, Onion Ring Sauce recipe
Course Dip, Sauce