Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
As Mother’s Day approaches, I’ve gotten several requests from husbands of a few readers for gift ideas for Mom when regular chocolate won’t cut it anymore.
I’ve compiled a list of some of the things I’d want to get (hint-hint honey) and feel free to add your favorites in the comments! Some of these are definitely not your typical gifts but are ones that will help Mom be healthy and happy.
I also recently found and have been loving a service called Forgetsy that lets you pre-schedule and ship cards for every occasion. I use it for family, friends, and employees and love the convenience. Use code WELLNESS10 to save $10 here.
Gifts for Mother’s Day (She Won’t Just Pretend She Loves)
How do you get a gift for the person that gave birth to you, cooked food for your entire childhood, and stayed by your side through teething/tantrums/friend drama/dating and all the other challenges of childhood?
It likely isn’t possible to find one gift that says “thanks for everything you’ve done for me” but I’ve compiled a list of gifts mom will be able to use and enjoy. These are gifts I’d give to my own mom or that I’d be thrilled to receive from my kids.
Of course, nothing beats a heartfelt letter or handmade gift, but if you’ve already got those covered, here’s a list of some other ideas she’ll love!
- Annmarie Gianni Skincare – I love the Annmarie skincare products and how clean and effective they are! Their clean beauty trial includes a cleanser and anti-aging serum that leaves your skin feeling refreshed and toned! Treat the special Mom in your life to an amazing experience (and price!).
- Wine Subscription – The secret to a happy mom? Wine showing up at the door! Just joking of course (kind of) but if Mom is a wine lover, this is the gift that keeps on giving. I especially like this one from Dry Farms because I never get headaches from it like I used to even from just a glass of regular wine. It’s organic, low-sugar, and free of any unhealthy additives.
- Royally Flawless Facial Moisturizer – Amazing facial oil with the highest quality ingredients and no junk! My mom loves this stuff and it is the only one I can use without breaking out. I have used this for years!
- Wellnesse Natural Hair Care/Toothpaste – I designed my own personal care products line this year to make mom feel super pampered (and safe for the whole family!). Better yet, these formulas nourish hair and remineralize teeth with beneficial and science-backed ingredients from nature.
- Solo Smokeless Outdoor Fire Pit – This stand-alone, sleek-looking fire pit is a Wellness Mama Team favorite this year. It burns natural wood, gives off the perfect amount of heat, and keeps irritating smoke away! Ideal for the outdoor entertaining we are all doing so much of these days.
- Four Sigmatic Coffee – I guarantee she’s been wanting to try it, and Mother’s Day is the perfect excuse to splurge. Also makes a great “Happy Mother’s Day to me” gift! 🙂 If she’s not into mushroom coffee, try a bag of smooth, amazing Purity Coffee. I often blend the two.
- New Cookware – We’re all cooking at home more than ever. I know using my beautiful set of non-toxic cookware from Caraway brings me joy every day! I also love this cookware from Our Place, and the code WELLNESSMAMA gives $10 off. (Can’t decide? See my full cookware review here.)
- Real Plans Membership – I love this meal planning service that lets me plan our meals each week in just minutes and shop in half the time. Give mom some time off by saving her time on meal planning and prep (and even better, plan and shop for her for a few weeks!)
- Amazon Prime Membership – Get free 2-day shipping on many items, plus free streaming music and movies and now unlimited photo storage too.
- A Thrive Market Membership – In these days when more of us are relying on grocery delivery, a Thrive Market Membership gives Mom access to the best quality organic groceries and beauty products at the best prices. Peek at my Thrive Market shopping list here.
- Myobuddy Massager – An amazing handheld massager that rivals what chiropractors use in-office (in fact, some of them do). This percussive massager heats up, vibrates, and feels like a real massage. Especially a great gift for nursing, which can be so hard on the neck, shoulders, and back. Use the code WELLNESSMAMA for special discounts!
- Shiatsu Massage Pillow – I received this as a gift and absolutely love it! It rivals an actual massage and I use it all the time after long days of cooking and holding babies.
- Daily Harvest Smoothie Box – These real-food smoothies are super nourishing and delicious. These are my quick-fix snack or treat just for me. All you need is a freezer and a blender. The gift box option also lets the recipient pick the varieties, so you don’t have to guess what they would like!
- Hydroflask Water Bottle – These steel bottles are cute and really functional! They keep liquids cold for up to 24 hours and hot for up to 12. Clearly Filtered also makes similar bottles but with a filter built in for on the go.
- RTIC Tumbler – This one performs as well as the high-priced Yeti and I use mine all the time. Great for coffee, smoothies, and water.
- Wake-up Light Gentle Alarm Clock – Waking up can stink, especially after a long night of being up with littles. Wake up gently to gradual light and sound with this wake-up light.
- Himalayan Salt Lamp – Soothing warm orange glow at night from these beautiful lamps.
- Blue Blocker Glasses – I wear these after dark for better sleep (some studies show that avoiding blue light after dark helps melatonin levels).
- Sleep Master Sleep Mask – A sleep mask that is actually comfortable! Great for travel or home.
- 10,000 Lux Happy Light – I use this super-bright light in the morning to keep my cortisol levels healthy.
- Anything Le Creuset – Incredible (but pricey) dishes. I’ve been collecting a few pieces over the years and resisting the urge to buy it all!
- Dry Brush Set – Brushing isn’t just for hair and teeth. Brushing skin can help it stay smooth, supple, and may improve collagen. It also feels great and is super-relaxing.
- French Press Coffee Maker – Coffee is my sanity some days. If the mom in your life is the same way, help her ditch the toxic plastic coffee maker with a glass french press or any of these non-toxic coffee makers.
- Instant Pot – Revolutionize dinner! This electric pressure cooker makes roasts in about an hour and turns tough cuts of meat into deliciously tender meals.
- Kokomo Cream Organic Deodorant – This natural deodorant smells like the tropics and lasts for months.
- The Wellness Mama Cookbook or The Wellness Mama 5-Step Lifestyle Detox – Ok, I’m biased, but my cookbook is filled with two hundred delicious real-food recipes that our family loves (and I know yours will too!).
- Wine Bottle Tiki Torch – Upcycle old wine bottles with these adorable tiki-torch kits.
- A Sauna – While we’re dreaming, how about a sauna? A sound-proof house of her own away from everything that will also improve her health!? She’ll be thanking you for years! I also love this personal sauna and used it for years in my bedroom.
- Clean Water and more – Our friends at Radiant Life carry so many high quality products that I couldn’t be without. Moms often worry about the health of their family. Our Radiant Life water filter was one of my favorite gifts ever.
- Plant Therapy essential oils come in beautiful boxed gift sets for Mother’s Day (choose from several). I also can’t get enough of their natural Himalayan Salt Scrubs, body cremes, and body butter and balm boxes.
- Sundays Nail Polish – Pick out a few fun colors and have a girls spa night in. Add in this fun manicure set.
- CAR.O.L bike – Give the gift of fitness! I shared the CAR.O.L bike during a podcast interview with the co-founder, Ratna, several months ago and many of you have loved this bike and way of exercising. The coupon code WELLNESSMAMA gives $300 off a bike and a 1-year subscription for free!
- Heat Healer Sauna Blanket – We all know about the many benefits of sauna use and I’ve found this sauna blanket to be a great option for those who are short on space and/or need to find a budget friendly sauna. Simply unfold it, plug it in and relax in the blanket while you watch tv or listen to music or a podcast.
If timely shipping is a concern, no worries, slip a picture of the gift in a box or a card and Mom will have something to look forward to!
Bottom Line: Show Mom Lots of Love!
I’m not always a fan of Hallmark holidays, but moms give so much day in and day out (pregnancy and childbirth just for starters!) and certainly deserve to be celebrated. Show Mom a little (or a lot) of extra love and care this Mother’s Day and every day… hopefully some of these ideas help!
What have been your favorite Mother’s Day gifts to get or give? Please share below!