This easy keto Matcha smoothie is a thick, creamy Keto Breakfast Smoothie for Green Tea Matcha lovers with only 3 grams of net carbs per serving. This is the best fat-burning keto breakfast drink to bring healthy fat to your day and stay in ketosis.
How to make a keto Matcha smoothie?
A keto Matcha smoothie is made with wholesome ingredients, and it’s easy to make this keto breakfast drink in less than 10 minutes.
All you need to make this delicious keto green tea smoothie are:
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Heavy cream – dairy-free options are canned coconut milk or canned coconut cream. Make sure you shake the can before measuring the amount required by the recipe.
- Matcha powder
- Ice cubes
- Avocado – choose a ripe avocado without dark or black spots on its flesh. In fact, overripe avocados taste bitter and won’t make the drink taste good at all.
- MCT oil – or melted coconut oil. Watch out! Coconut oil can solidify and form small lumps in cold drinks! That’s why I prefer to add MCT oil to keto smoothie recipes. It remains liquid even at cold temperatures.
- Erythritol – or stevia drops or any keto-friendly sweetener you like.
- Vanilla extract
To make this delicious keto smoothie, bring all the ingredients into a high-speed blender. Next, blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.
Taste and adjust
We all have different tastes when it comes to Matcha and sweet drinks. So before serving your keto smoothie, taste it and adjust:
- Sweetness – for a sweeter smoothie, add 1-2 more teaspoons of erythritol or few stevia drops.
- Matcha flavor – if you love a strong Matcha flavor, you can go up to 2 teaspoons of Matcha powder in one smoothie.
- Texture – make the smoothie icy, frothy like a Matcha Frappuccino by adding more ice cubes. On the contrary, for a creamier smoothie, decrease the ice to only 3/4 cup.
This keto Matcha smoothie is a thick, creamy shake that taste even better topped with:
- a dollop of unsweetened whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- a pinch of extra Matcha powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
Can I store this green smoothie?
No, you can’t really store this smoothie. If you do, it will form two phases, the fat will separate from the liquid, and the color will turn dark green as avocado oxidize.
Therefore, I recommend not making ahead this keto Matcha smoothie. Instead, make it just before serving.
When should I drink avocado Matcha smoothie?
This is a great keto breakfast smoothie on a hot day. One of this keto Matcha smoothie keeps you full for at least 4 hours as it contains all the fat you need to be full on your keto journey.
You can also serve this recipe as a snack when you feel like something sweet.
Can I remove the MCT oil?
MCT oil stands for medium-chain triglycerides. It’s a type of saturated fat that is good for you and keeps your stomach full. This is particularly useful on a keto diet.
While you can make this keto low-carb matcha smoothie without MCT oil, I still highly recommend this addition to your keto drinks as it contains many health benefits like:
- boost your fat intake – on a keto diet, your daily macros should reach about 80% of fat, and it’s not always easy to reach this target. That’s why adding MCT oil in your keto smoothie or keto coffee is a great way to boost your fat intake, accelerate fat-burning and keep you full for hours.
- Improve mind clarity
- regulate appetite
Is Matcha powder keto-friendly?
Yes, Matcha powder is keto-friendly. It’s naturally sugar-free, gluten-free, and contains no net carbs as all the carbs in Matcha are non-digestible fibers.
It means you can adjust the amount of Matcha powder in this Matcha avocado smoothie without impacting your total net carbs.
Plus, Matcha green tea powder has many other health benefits that make it a great addition to your keto journey, including:
- Immunity with anti-oxidants
- Boost brain function
- Contributes to weight loss
Can I add keto protein powder or collagen?
Sure, you can boost this keto Matcha green tea smoothie by adding your favorite keto protein powder or collagen powder.
However, adding protein powder thickens the drink, and you may have to add a splash more almond milk to keep your smoothie texture smooth and not too thick.
More keto smoothie recipes
Looking for more keto drinks inspiration? I got you covered with my keto smoothies, shakes, or Matcha latte recipes below. Enjoy them as a sweet pick-me-up snack or breakfast.
Have you made this keto Matcha smoothie recipe yet? Share a comment below or review! I love to connect with you!
Keto Matcha Smoothie
A creamy keto Matcha smoothie recipe to refresh in the morning and start the day with good fat and delicious Matcha Green Tea flavors.
Place all the ingredients into a high-speed blender, starting with only 1 teaspoon of Matcha powder and 2 tablespoons of erythritol.
Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust, adding more Matcha powder or sweetener to taste. For a frothier drink, add up to 1/4 cup extra ice cubes.
Blend again to combine the added ingredients, serve immediately.
Keto Matcha Smoothie
Amount Per Serving (1 smoothie (with MCT oil))
Calories 417.2 Calories from Fat 376
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 21.9g137%
Vitamin A 1162.3IU23%
Vitamin B12 0.1µg2%
Vitamin C 6.4mg8%
Vitamin D 0.4µg3%
Net Carbs 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.