Every kitchen needs a jar of cinnamon sugar on hand!
It is one of the easiest, sweetest ways to enjoy all kinds of delicious foods! Sprinkle a little sweetness on a piece of toast, or roll up a tortilla with butter.
An Easy Blend
- Skip the store-bought version, homemade easy and much cheaper to make.
- You can change the recipe and use more or less sugar or cinnamon (or even a powdered sweetener if you prefer).
- Make a double batch because cinnamon sugar has SO many delicious uses!
- Superfine sugar mixes easier with the ground cinnamon powder but any kind will work.
VARIATIONS Use equal amounts of Swerve (erythritol) as a sugar substitute. Try mixing in a dash of ground nutmeg it even pumpkin pie spice for something extra!
How to Make Cinnamon Sugar
It doesn’t get any easier than this one-and-done recipe!
- Mix 1/2 c sugar and 2 tbs cinnamon (printable recipe below) in a small bowl.
- Place in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
Ways to Use Cinnamon Sugar
Cinnamon sugar makes nearly everything tastes so sweet and savory!
My favorite dessert growing up was a bowl of white rice with butter and cinnamon sugar on top. Simple comfort food.
How to Store
Cinnamon sugar is easily available when kept in a shaker jar with a lid. Keep it in a pantry and shake vigorously before each use. Cinnamon sugar will keep about two months.
What do you sprinkle Cinnamon Sugar on? Leave a comment below!
How to Make Cinnamon Sugar DIY
Cinnamon Sugar is a 2 ingredient sweet treat, perfect for toast, oatmeal, or apples!
Calories: 53, Carbohydrates: 14g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 1mg, Potassium: 9mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 13g, Vitamin A: 6IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 20mg, Iron: 1mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword best Cinnamon Sugar recipe, Cinnamon Sugar, Cinnamon Sugar recipe, How to Make Cinnamon Sugar
Course Breakfast, Dessert