Glazed Carrots are a quick side dish with a buttery brown sugar and maple glaze. A little sweet, a little savory and loved by everyone!
This quick recipe comes together in minutes on the stovetop in just one pan making it the perfect veggie.
A Quick Side Sish
- This is an inexpensive dish with lots of flavor.
- The buttery, brown sugar glaze uses ingredients you likely have on hand.
- It cooks in just one dish meaning fewer dishes to wash.
- with salt and pepper, these glazed carrots aren’t just delicious, they’re also incredibly easy to make.
How to Make Glazed Carrots
You can use this recipe to glaze any carrots (see recipe for slicing instructions). Baby carrots save a few steps because they are already just the right size and peeled but using whole carrots is only adds a few minutes extra.
- Combine carrots, water, and glaze ingredients in a pan (per the recipe below).
- Simmer covered until they’re tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove lid and cook until glaze thickens.
You can make brown sugar honey glazed carrots by substituting the maple syrup in this recipe with honey instead. Light or dark brown sugar work in this recipe, dark has a bit more flavor.
Glazed Carrots in the Microwave
While I recommend making these super easy glazed carrots on the stovetop, in a pinch you can certainly make them in the microwave instead.
- Place carrots in a microwave-safe dish (I like to use a glass casserole dish with a lid). Fill the dish with about 1/2-3/4″ of water & cover
- Cook: Microwave for 6-7 minutes or until carrots are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Add Glaze: Add butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, salt and pepper and cover. Cook 1-2 minutes longer.
The glaze is usually not as thick when made in the microwave but the taste is still great. It’s perfect for when you’re in a hurry (or the stovetop is too full for my skillet!).
We always have leftovers after a big meal, and glazed carrots make amazing leftovers.
Reheat them in a frying pan, the oven, or a microwave. They are even delicious chilled and added to a salad! Glazed carrots will last about 5 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
More Carrot Favorites
Glazed carrots are a flavorful side dish that’s so simple to make! This recipe can be doubled to feed a crowd.
Combine carrots, water, brown sugar, butter, and maple syrup in a skillet over medium heat.
Stir occasionally until butter is melted. Increase heat to medium/high and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook 8-10 minutes or until carrots are just becoming tender when pierced with a fork.
Remove lid and continue to cook on high until water is evaporated and carrots are coated in glaze.
Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.
This recipe can also be made in the microwave, please see notes in post about how to make glazed carrots in the microwave.
Calories: 227, Carbohydrates: 37g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 22mg, Sodium: 549mg, Potassium: 560mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 28g, Vitamin A: 31540IU, Vitamin C: 5.9mg, Calcium: 93mg, Iron: 2mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword brown sugar carrots, easy glazed carrots, glazed carrots, maple glazed carrots, side dish
Course Side Dish