French Toast Sticks are the perfect handheld version of our favorite French toast recipe!
Just a few ingredients, a skillet, and some warmed maple syrup, and breakfast is served!
Cinnamon French Toast Sticks
French toast sticks come out crispy on the outside, tender and fluffy on the inside, and they are delicately cooked in a cinnamon sugar batter.
- We love to make French toast sticks because they are totally portable.
- This is an easy recipe for toddlers to try finger foods as well.
- Set out bowls of dips and let everyone mix or match the ones they like best!
- They are so easy to make and are ready to eat in about 10 minutes.
BREAD French toast sticks are a great way to use up leftover bread! Choose stale bread that is thick and dense like Homemade French Bread, brioche, sourdough, or even Homemade Challah Bread. In a pinch, frozen Texas toast can be used, and can even be cooked from a frozen state!
CUSTARD Eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, & cinnamon are mixed together to create the creamy, flavorful custard.
VARIATIONS Add some orange juice or orange zest for a bright, citrusy flavor!
How to Make French Toast Sticks
- Cut thick slices of bread into four sticks, about 1″ each. Set aside.
- Whisk custard (milk/egg mixture per recipe below) and dip each French toast stick into the batter.
- Place in a buttered skillet and cook until lightly browned.
- Make French toast sticks in advance and keep them in the refrigerator in a zippered bag until they are ready to be reheated and served.
- For best results, reheat in a toaster oven or under the broiler for a couple minutes. Sprinkle on a little extra cinnamon sugar and serve!
- Freeze fried French toast sticks in a zippered bag for about 4 weeks. Write the date on the outside.
French Toast Faves
Did your family love these French Toast Sticks? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
French Toast Sticks
The whole family will love to eat and make these fun & flavorful French Toast Sticks. Don’t forget the syrup for dipping!
Cut each slice of bread into 4 sticks.
Whisk the custard mixture in a bowl.
Preheat a skillet over medium-low heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter to melt.
Dip each stick into the custard mixture and gently roll to coat.
Place the sticks in the preheated pan and cook over medium-low heat for about 6-8 minutes, turning after about 4 minutes.
Repeat with remaining sticks adding more butter if needed. Serve warm with syrup.
Cook time can vary based on the thickness and density of bread as well as the amount of egg soaked into the bread.
Calories: 303, Carbohydrates: 34g, Protein: 13g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 182mg, Sodium: 429mg, Potassium: 255mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 10g, Vitamin A: 530IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 180mg, Iron: 3mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword best French Toast Sticks, French Toast Sticks, French Toast Sticks recipe, how to make French Toast Sticks